Caroline G. Faxas, AP, Dipl. Ac. (NCCAOM) is a Licensed Acupuncturist, Nationally Board Certified
In her practice, at OM Holistic Wellness, Caroline provides the following treatments: acupuncture, herbal therapy, food therapy, auriculotherapy, acupuncture injection therapy, nutritional counseling, homeopathy, stress management and other holistic healing modalities.These health benefits are used to help correct imbalances in patients and restore positive energy. Caroline has dedicated her career to improving the lives of others by helping them with their health and wellness goals.
The Road to Holistic Wellness
Caroline’s journey into natural therapy healing resulted from her own battle with chronic illness. Traditional healthcare systems used a “one size fits all” approach, prescribing medicine which did little to treat her condition and came with negative side effects. And diagnostic testing could not pinpoint the actual source of her health issues. Frustrated, she turned to holistic medicine to seek relief and regain a healthy balance. Through a combination of acupuncture, herbs, nutritional therapy, exercise and stress management, Caroline was able to conquer the symptoms that once made daily life a challenge.
Discovering the Benefits of Natural Therapy
This wellness experience had such a profound impact on her that Caroline decided to study holistic medicine. She now treats others while educating them on the benefits of natural therapy. In order to truly define the root cause of a health imbalance, Caroline does a comprehensive evaluation of each individual to develop a treatment plan. Before moving forward with any treatment options, she carefully examines each patient’s genetic make up, constitution and lifestyle. She then uses a combination of Allopathic Medicine and Oriental Medicine to help those suffering from chronic conditions restore their health and vitality.
Prior to studying Oriental Medicine, Caroline held various executive positions in the healthcare industry and co-founded a national organization that offers affordable health benefit alternatives to individuals, families and small businesses. She also launched a national Patient Advocacy initiative to assist consumers with navigating insurance and the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, University of North Florida – Jacksonville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Science, Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Master’s Degree in Oriental Medicine, Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine clinic
- The Veteran’s Administration Hospital System
- A primary care private practice.
Additional Training and Certificates
- Nationally Board Certified in Acupuncture, NCCAOM
- Auriculotherapy, Johns Hopkins University
- Physiological Regulating Medicine, International Academy of Physiological Regulating Medicine, Italy
- Entering the Vessels, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
- Dermaroller and Collagen Induction Therapy, Cynergy
- Joyful Living, Peaceful Dying and End of Life Preparation, Awakening to Grace
Caroline is proud to be a member of:
- Florida State Oriental Medical Association
- American Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Sierra Club
- Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae Association
She has also served on the Healthcare and Bioscience Committee and Community Task Force for the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, and previously been extremely active in her local Chambers of Commerce and the American Red Cross.
Contact OM Holistic Wellness today to speak with Caroline about your comprehensive evaluation and to develop your individual treatment plan!
Shayna Suarez, LMT is a Licensed massage therapist, pilates mat instructor, certified gourmet raw food chef and DoTerra wellness advocate
Shayna started to refine her passion for wellness in her early 20’s. It began with massage therapy. Shayna finds it to be a true honor to be granted permission to work on the body. There are many visible and invisible layers to the therapeutic and health benefits of massage therapy. She finds the work of helping to facilitate wellness profoundly rewarding and gratifying.
Teaching Pilates is something Shayna added to her skill set as it was so congruent with the body work she was already doing. Now not only could she help alleviate stress and tension in the body, she could give her clients a plan of action to help strengthen and align the body by correcting poor body mechanics.
Nutrition had always been strong passion for Shayna. She practiced a 100% raw food diet for over 4 years and is still primarily raw foodist. She is a certified raw food vegan chef.
- Massage Therapy, Healing Arts Center – St. Louis, Missouri
- Stott Pilates, Studio One Pilates – Springfield, Missouri
- Certified Gourmet Raw Food Chef Training – The Raw Oasis – Plantation, Florida