I recently tried this fantastic recipe and I just had to pass it on because it was such a hit with my family and friends! This recipe is courtesy of my friend and realtor, Cindy Nicolosi.
If you know of someone in the market for a home, she is definitely the realtor I highly recommend!
She can be reached at 954-673-6437.
Tangy Kale & Brussel Sprout Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale (about 1 1/2 pounds total), center stem discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino
Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard, shallot, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper in a small bowl. Stir to blend; set aside to let flavors meld. Mix thinly sliced kale and shredded brussels sprouts in a large bowl.
Measure 1/2 cup oil into a cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon oil from cup into a small skillet; heat oil over medium-high heat. Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to a paper towel–lined plate.
Slowly whisk remaining olive oil in cup into lemon juice mixture. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Add dressing and cheese to kale mixture. Toss to coat. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with almonds.
NOTE: Dressing, kale mixture, and toasted almonds can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover dressing and kale mixture separately and chill. Cover almonds and let stand at room temperature.
Food therapy is one modality utilized in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. To learn more about which foods are best for your body composition, call us at 954-243-9093!
OM Holistic Wellness provides acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. We are conveniently located to the surrounding communities of Hallandale Beach, Golden Beach, Sunny Isles Beach, Aventura, North Miami, Miami, Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, Dania Beach, Pembroke Pines, Davie and Plantation.